Saturday, February 28, 2009

Resealing a Crosman 2100, Part 2

On I go.

The transfer port seal was a bit rough.

So it needed to be replaced. I had one on hand.

I punched out the pump pivot roll pin.

The plug and pin.

The piston assembly. It's basically a 760/1377 piston with an extension.

I pushed the valve out with a dowel.

The valve.

Unscrewed.

The inlet and exhaust valves were good but the o-rings needed to be replaced.

So I replaced them and screwed it back together.

I replaced the pump cup as well. See how the extension snaps into the piston where normally the seal snaps in.

I reinserted the valve and lined up the transfer port.

You need three hands and a helper monkey to get it all back together.

Notice the position of the cocking lever, and you have to have the BB follower pointing upwards to align with the slot it travels in. Then you sort of massage the whole thing back together. It take a couple of tries to get all the pins and such back in the holes. I'd love the see how Crosman assembles the things. I tested it and at 10 pumps I was getting 680 fps with Crosman Premier Lights (7.9gr.).

0 comments:

Post a Comment