Friday, March 6, 2009

Disassembling the Daisy Model 200 Pistol, Part 2

Now the rest of the disassembly.

Unscrewing the piercing nut.

The nut has threadlocker or sealant on it.

Punching out the trigger pivot pin.

It has a raised area so can only go in or out one way.

Punching out the pin that retains the BB shuttle.

It's knurled as well.

The shuttle orientation.

I pushed (not hammered) it out.

Some old grease on the shuttle...

The piercing pin.

There's a seal for the body of the pin down there, hardened and sticking to the wall. It'll have to come out if (emphasis on "if") I ever reseal it.

I carelessly unscrewed the valve. Grant Stace did a much better job.

This is what comes out at first.

Then these nested seals.

They have mating convex and concave features.

So that's it, all taken down. I doubt I'll ever work up the enthusiasm to try and get it working but if I do I have a record. For now it goes into a ziplock bag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment