Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Disassembling the Daisy Model 200 Pistol, Part 1

I decide to take apart my Daisy model 200 pistol I bought a while back. I had tried it with a CO2 cartridge and it leaked all the gas out quickly. I doubt it can be resealed...as far as I know very few if any people have had luck resealing them.

The Daisy model 200.

Grip covering the cartridge removed.

The other grip unscrewed.

You will notice that the piercing pin has no seal. I'm not entirely sure of the mechanism by which it is supposed to seal in the cartridge, but it does have a high polish. Perhaps the older Daisy cartridges had an integral seal? I have no idea, but as far as I know that's how it is supposed to look. If you peruse the patent, you will see that it shows the pin piercing the cartridge with no other method of sealing. Some people has substituted the seal from other Daisy guns which do have a positive method of sealing.

The rear sight.

It has a crude method for elevation, with one screw being loosened and the other tightened to lever it into position.

The two other grip frame screws are removed.

And the grip frame slides off...

Except it's held by that spring.

Which is removed.

Then the two assemblies seperate.

The action slides out of the upper assembly.

An interesting spring.

The spring loaded feed mechanism is held by one screw.

Removed and the feed mechanism slides off the barrel.

The parts of the feed mechanism.
More to come.

0 comments:

Post a Comment