Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cleaning Up A Thrashed Diana Model 5 Pistol End Cap

Well I haven't entirely given up on the Diana/Gecado 5 as I do have a thrashed action I can rehab to fit.

The end cap was beat up so I decided to try cleaning it up.

First I chucked up some aluminum.

I turned some steps, only the front one matters although the other ones will be used to true it in the chuck if I need to use it again.

Setting the threading tool.

Interestingly enough, the thread seems to be 24 tpi, not metric.

Cap screws on.

I filed the radius and faced the front.

You can see it's a trifle messed up.

I removed a little bit at a time.

Until it was clean.

I then knurled it. I had to adjust the rollers again to get a full depth knurl. If I do it again I'll order slightly finer knurls as these were pretty coarse.

Not bad?

A little abrasive brushing removed the burs and such.

0 comments:

Post a Comment