Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Finally Getting Around To That Diana 5

I disassembled the neighbor's Diana model 5 2 years ago (part 1, 2 and a view) and finally got around to fixing some of its problems, mainly cosmetic. Air Rifle Headquarters has seals now, so I also fitted a new seal.

The metal was pretty pitted but I cleaned it up as best I could.

Oxpho Blue...

Slather it on, let sit, rub it out with steel wood, repeat...

In the end it doesn't look bad, but certainly not a hot blue.

Now what?

Cleaning up the end cap.

The screw threads in.

When I was reassembling it the spring compressor wore off some of the blue. Which is why cold blue sucks.

Mostly fixed but for one spot.

Then I had to make a few shims for the barrel seal. I decided to try lathe cutting them.

Drilling.

A shim parted off.

I did a few of different thicknesses.

Reassembled and it looks much better.

Now to clean up the rear sight a bit...

0 comments:

Post a Comment